Drill on a Heat Map
Drilling allows you to view data at levels other than those that appear in the heat map. You can drill down, up, or across attributes and some metrics.
If your heat map displays categories, you can drill from a specific category to that category's subcategories. If you drill down from the Electronics category, only the subcategories within Electronics, such as Audio Equipment and Cameras appear.
Drill on a Rectangle in a Heat Map
- Select a heat map visualization.
- Select the rectangles you want to drill on.
- Right-click the selected rectangles, choose Drill and the attribute to which you want to drill. Only the rectangles you select appear. The drill-to attribute you select groups the rectangles.
Undo Drilling in a Heat Map
- Hover over the visualization to display the Filter icon in the title bar.
- Click Filter .
Choose Clear "drill conditions" to remove a specific drill condition.
- In the Editor panel, replace or remove any attributes or metrics that were removed or added as part of the drilling.
You can also click Undo to undo drilling.
If you previously drilled-down to a new grouping, you must remove the grouping from the Grouping area of the Editor panel to return to your original visualization.