Configure User Authentication
You can configure authentication parameters for users and groups in Workstation.
- Open the Workstation window with the Navigation pane in smart mode.
- In the Navigation pane, click Users and Groups.
- Select an Environment from the upper-left drop-down.
- Click All Users or User Groups.
- Right-click a user or user group and choose Edit.
- In the left pane, click Authentication.
Enable or disable Standard Authentication Login.
Enter the user's login ID or user name or group to which he or she is linked for authentication. Depending on the authentication mode of the project, specify the following:
The Database Authentication Login and database password of the user, if using database authentication.
The LDAP Distinguished Name (login) of the LDAP user to map to the user from the LDAP repository, if using LDAP authentication.
The Trusted Authenticated Request User ID to map a MicroStrategy user to a user that is defined by a third-party trusted authentication provider.
For security reasons, if you use database authentication, you should enable the Create caches per database login setting in the project-level settings. Enabling this setting ensures that users who execute their reports using different database login IDs cannot use the same cache, and therefore cannot see each other’s cached reports.