There are many reasons for changing a user's password, such as security reasons, ease of remembering, adhering to company policies, and so on. You can change a user's password through the User Editor.
- Access the Intelligence Server Administrator page. (How?)
- Hover over the Properties column and click Open Intelligence Server Administration Portal .
- Click User Manager .
- Select the group that contains the user to modify.
- In the Actions column, select the Edit icon for the user to modify. The User Editor opens.
- On the General
tab, enter the following information:
- The password the user will use to log into MicroStrategy Web.
if the user has the ability to change their own password.
- If you select the User cannot change password checkbox, the password is set to never expire.
- If you select the User must change password at next logon checkbox, you can specify if the password never expires or the exact time at which it will expire.
- Click OK.