Execute Python Scripts
You can execute Python scripts within Workstation. You must have Modify or Full Control ACLs for the script to execute it.
The script execution is done locally through an embedded Python interpreter in Workstation, which currently only supports the mstrio-py Python library and its dependencies. You can download the mstrio-py Python library through PyPi or GitHub. See the mstrio-py help for a complete guide of the available modules for MicroStrategy data science and system administration tasks.
- Open the Workstation window with the Navigation pane in smart mode.
- In the Navigation pane, click Scripts.
- Select a script.
- Click Run . The last run time and status information is collected and stored locally in Workstation.
- While your script is running, you can kill its execution by clicking Stop in the Status column.
- While your script is running, you can view it in the console. Right-click it and choose Show Console.
- After your script has executed, click the Log to view the log contents.
- Click Download to save the log to your local machine.