Installation and Requirements for the MicroStrategy Mobile SDK for iOS
Make sure you meet the following requirements:
- Enroll in either the Apple Developer Program or the Apple Developer Enterprise Program.
- Follow the steps on the Apple website to generate the Apple certificates that you need.
- See What's New in the Mobile SDK for iOS for the Xcode and Apple iOS SDK versions you need to use to develop and compile your application. Previous versions can be downloaded from the Apple Download site.
- Have access to the MicroStrategy Mobile SDK DMG.
- Have a MicroStrategy installation with MicroStrategy Mobile Server and necessary licenses.
To install the platform version of the Mobile SDK:
On your Mac® computer, go to the MicroStrategy Download site and download the latest version of the MicroStrategy Mobile iOS SDK.
For compatibility with devices running newer versions of iOS, using newer versions of the MicroStrategy Mobile SDK is highly recommended. The version of the Mobile SDK can be different from the version of the Mobile Server and the Intelligence Server. Refer to the readme for detailed interoperability notes.
Double-click the downloaded MicroStrategy Mobile SDK.dmg file.
Click Agree to accept the terms of the license agreement. This opens the disk image.
Copy all the folders to your local drive.
Once you have installed the Mobile SDK, you can set up an Xcode project that can consume and display MicroStrategy BI data. This project can be either a customized version of the MicroStrategy Mobile project provided with the Mobile SDK or a new project that you create and configure to use the MicroStrategy Mobile SDK frameworks.