In Presentation Mode, you can manipulate data in a document displayed as a grid, or as both a grid and a graph. You can:
- Sort data in ascending or descending order
data to change:
- The relative position of a row or column
- A row into a column
- A column into a row
If the pop-up menu icon does not display when you hover over a row or column in the grid, sorting and pivoting has been disabled in the document by the document designer. If sorting and pivoting are disabled, drilling in Presentation Mode is also disabled. A document designer can enable them using the Properties Dialog Box, Document Properties, Document.
To sort data, you must have the Web Sort privilege.
To pivot data, you must have the Web Pivot Report privilege.
To Sort or Pivot Data in a Document
- Click the name of the document to run it. By default, the document opens in Presentation Mode.
- To sort data,
hover over a row or column, click the pop-up menu icon , and select one of the following:
- To sort the data in ascending order, click Sort ascending.
- To sort the data in descending order, click Sort descending.
- To sort data using multiple conditions, do the following:
- Hover over a row or column header, click the pop-up menu icon , and select Advanced Sort. The Sort dialog box opens.
To sort by data in the rows, click Rows at the bottom of the dialog box.
- From the Sort by drop-down list, select the attribute form or metric to use to sort data. An attribute form provides additional descriptive information about a business attribute; for example, the attribute forms for an attribute named City might be London, New York, and so on.
To sort the data, select Ascending or Descending.
- Specify additional sorting criteria using the appropriate steps above.
- Click OK.
- To move the row or column, hover over the row or column, click the pop-up menu icon , point to Move, and select
one of the following:
- To move a row or column to the left, click Left.
- To move a row or column to the right, click Right.
- To move a row to the beginning of the rows, click To Beginning.
- To move a row to the columns, click To columns .
- To move a column to the rows, click To the rows.
These steps enable or disable sorting, pivoting, and drilling in Presentation Mode.
- Open the document in Design or Editable Mode.
- From the Tools menu, select Document Properties.
- From the left, select Document.
- To enable sorting and pivoting, select the Enable sorting and pivoting on grids in Express and Flash Modes checkbox.
- Click OK.