This page allows you to define preferences for:
- Report Services documents, which are designed by a Web Professional. A MicroStrategy Report Services document displays your organization's data in a presentation format that allows several grid and graph reports to be viewed at the same time, along with images and text.
- Visual Insight dossiers are interactive displays that you can use to quickly and easily explore your business data. They include visual representations of the dossier's data to make the data easier to interpret.
On the upper right of any page, click your user name, and then select Preferences from the drop-down list. From the left, select Report Services. The following options are available:
- Dots per inch (DPI): Specify the resolution in which documents are displayed in MicroStrategy Web. The default value is 96.
- Documents: Define options for Report
Services documents, as follows:
- Alignment grid density: Specify the density of the grid to which objects are aligned. You can choose either Low, Medium, or High as the density.
- Selection Behavior: Determine
whether you must fully enclose (or only touch) a control to select
it using a selection box. The options are:
- Fully Enclosed: A selection box only selects the objects it completely covers.
- Partially Enclosed (default): A selection box can select objects even if it only partially covers them.
- Document Width Mode Calculation:
This option, in conjunction with the Document
width mode option in the Properties
dialog box, affects the width of the document, as follows:
- When both the Document width mode and the Document Width Mode Calculation options are set to Automatic (the default), the width of the document displayed in Web will be as wide as necessary to show all the content on the page.
- When the Document width mode option is set to Fixed and the Document Width Mode Calculation preference is set to Automatic, the width of the document displayed in Web will not grow to accommodate additional content. This may cause parts of the document to be cut off in some cases.
When the Document Width Mode Calculation preference is set to Off, the Document width mode option has no effect on the document. This may cause parts of the document to be cut off in some cases.
You may be able to improve document performance by doing the following: If a document's Document width mode is set to Automatic, set it to Fixed. If you switch a document from Fixed width mode to Automatic width mode, this may result in slower document execution.
- Document Section Height Mode Calculation:
This option, in conjunction with the Height
can shrink and Height
can grow options in the Properties and Formatting dialog
box, affects the height of the document sections, as follows:
- When the Document Section Height Mode Calculation option is set to Automatic (the default), the Height can shrink and Height can grow options are applied to the height of the document sections.
When the Document Section Height Mode Calculation option is set to Off, the Height can shrink and Height can grow options do not affect the height of the document sections.
- Default Content Alignment(Presentation Mode Only): This option allows the user to choose center or top left alignment for the content of a Report Services document when it is displayed in Presentation Mode. Center alignment is set by default.
Enable Flash Mode: Determine whether to enable Flash Mode. Flash Mode allows you to access features on a document that are provided by Flash, such as drilling on widgets.
Presentation Mode replaces Express Mode, Flash Mode, and Interactive Mode. Documents created before MicroStrategy version 10.1 are displayed in Interactive Mode or Flash Mode, if that was their default display mode.
Allow MicroStrategy Office to refresh Documents after exporting to Excel: Determine whether MicroStrategy Office has the ability to refresh documents after they have been exported to Excel. This checkbox is selected by default.
This information applies to the legacy MicroStrategy Office add-in, the add‑in for Microsoft Office applications which is no longer actively developed.
It was substituted with a new add‑in, MicroStrategy for Office, which supports Office 365 applications. The initial version does not yet have all the functionalities of the previous add‑in.
If you are using MicroStrategy 2021 Update 2 or a later version, the legacy MicroStrategy Office add-in cannot be installed from Web
- Use floating toolbar to apply selector changes: A selector is an element of a document that allows you to change the data that you are viewing. For example, a selector can change panels or the focus of a Grid/Graph. You can determine whether you want to use a floating toolbar to apply changes made to a selector. This checkbox is selected by default.
- Dossiers: Define options for Visual
Insight dossiers, as follows:
- Embed Fonts in Visual Insight Mode:
Determine whether to use embedded fonts to display Visual Insight
dossiers in Visual Insight Mode.
- Automatic (default): Display dossiers using embedded fonts, if they are supported for the current locale.
- Off: Display dossiers using non-embedded fonts.
- Default color theme for new dossier: Determine the color theme in which to display newly created Visual Insight dossiers. The default value is Light.
- Embed Fonts in Visual Insight Mode: Determine whether to use embedded fonts to display Visual Insight dossiers in Visual Insight Mode.
From the drop-down list at the bottom of the page, apply the changes to the current project or all projects you have access to that are stored on the Intelligence Server and then click Apply.
To reset all preference settings, click Load Default Values.