Create a Relationship Set Qualification for an Advanced Filter
Relationship set qualifications allow you to restrict data based on relationships between attributes.
Use a relationship set qualification to display stores selling a specific shoe brand in the Washington, DC area, or customers from the same region as a specific customer.
Create a qualification or group of qualifications on which to base the new relationship set qualification.
- Open the Advanced Filter Editor.
- To filter based on a single qualification, hover over the qualification and click Create a Set.
- Select one or more attributes to include in the relationship set qualification from the pop-up dialog. The attributes you select define the output level at which the qualification is calculated.
- You can determine how attributes at the output level of the qualification relate to the filter qualifications the set is based on. To define a specific logical table that establishes the relationship, select the metric that belongs to the table from the Related by drop-down.
- You can determine whether to apply the conditions you created in the relationship set qualification based on the grid or graph that it filters. To apply the filter qualification to both the relationship set qualification and the grid or graph, select the Apply this qualification independently of the relationship filter checkbox.
- Click OK.
- If you need to edit one of the qualifications within a relationship set qualification, you must convert them all back to individual qualifications. Select More and choose Convert to Condition.
- Click on any of the items on the screen (qualifications, sets, operators, etc.) to edit them.
- Click Save.
If a metric set qualification is Sales > 1000, sales can be per day, month, category, or region.
Select System Default to allow MicroStrategy to determine how to relate the output level and filter qualifications.
You want your grid to list customers from the same region as a specific customer, Hugh Abarca. To achieve this, you create a relationship set qualification based on the qualification Customer = Hugh Abarca. If you select the checkbox , the qualification is applied to the grid as well as the relationship set qualification, and only Hugh Abarca appears in the grid. If you clear the checkbox, the qualification is used only in the context of the filter, and the grid displays all customers in the selected customer region, not just Abarca.