MicroStrategy for Jupyter
MicroStrategy for Jupyter enables the data scientist to import MicroStrategy data into Jupyter Notebook and export dataframes to MicroStrategy as an in-memory dataset.
MicroStrategy for Jupyter requires MicroStrategy 2019 Update 4 or later.
You must enable CORS (Cross-Origin Resource Sharing) settings on the Library server to use the connector.
The following must be installed to use MicroStrategy for Jupyter:
- Python 3.6 or later for Mac or Windows.
- Jupyter Notebook
It is recommended that you install Jupyter and mstrio-py within a Python virtual environment.
mstrio-py requires urllib3 in version 1.25.2 or higher. If an older version is installed on your machine, upgrade it manually using
pip install --upgrade urllib3 inside your virtual environment.
Install mstrio and the MicroStrategy for Jupyter Extension
To install mstrio, open a command prompt and run the following command:
pip install mstrio-py
Install and enable the Jupyter Notebook extension:
jupyter nbextension install connector-jupyter --py --sys-prefix
jupyter nbextension enable connector-jupyter --py --sys-prefix
Launch Jupyter Extension by entering the following command in the command prompt:
Connect to MicroStrategy
From the toolbar, select the MicroStrategy for Jupyter extension.
Log in to MicroStrategy for Jupyter:
Import MicroStrategy Data
- Select the MicroStrategy applications to display the datasets and reports available for import.
- Click OK.
- In the Import Data tab, select the data to import.
- Click Prepare Data.
- Select the attributes, metrics, and filters you want applied to your data for import.
- Click Import.
Export Data to MicroStrategy
- In the Export Data tab, click Create
- In the Available Dataframes panel, select the dataframes to export.
- Select the attributes and metrics to include for export.
- Click Next.
- In the Save as field, enter a name for the dataset.
- Browse to the destination folder or click New folder to create a destination for the export.
- To certify the dataset, select the Certify checkbox.
- Click Save.
Update Previously Created Datasets
Your modeled data structure must correspond to the structure of the cube you are updating.
- In the Export Data tab, select the dataset to update.
- Click Update.
- In the Available Dataframes panel, select dataframes to update your dataset with.
- Click Next.
- From the Update Policy drop-down, choose ADD, UPDATE, UPSERT, or REPLACE for each dataframe.
- Click Publish.
Jupyter and the Jupyter logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of NumFOCUS