MicroStrategy for RStudio
MicroStrategy for RStudio enables data scientists to import MicroStrategy data into RStudio and export dataframes to MicroStrategy as an in-memory dataset.
MicroStrategy for RStudio requires MicroStrategy 2019 Update 4 or later.
You must enable CORS (Cross-Origin Resource Sharing) settings on the Library server to use the connector.
The following must be installed to use MicroStrategy for RStudio:
- R 3.4 or later for Mac or Windows from CRAN.
- RStudio Desktop version 1.2 or later for Mac or Windows.
Install mstrio and the MicroStrategy for RStudio Addin
To install mstrio, run the following command in the RStudio console:
Connect to MicroStrategy
From the Addins drop-down, select MicroStrategy for RStudio.
MicroStrategy for RStudio is displayed in the Viewer tab.
Import MicroStrategy Data
- Select the MicroStrategy projects to display the datasets and reports available for import.
- Click OK.
- In the Import Data tab, select the data to import.
- Click Prepare Data.
- Select the attributes, metrics, and filters you want applied to your data for import.
- Click Import and OK.
Export Data to MicroStrategy
- In the Export Data tab, click Create
- In the Available Dataframes panel, select the dataframes to export.
- Select the attributes and metrics to include for export.
- Click Next.
- In the Save as field, enter a name for the dataset.
- Browse to the destination folder or click New folder to create a destination for the export.
- To certify the dataset, select the Certify checkbox.
- Click Save.
Update Previously Created Datasets
Your modeled data structure must correspond to the structure of the cube you are updating.
- In the Export Data tab, select the dataset to update.
- Click Update.
- In the Available Dataframes panel, select dataframes to update your dataset with.
- Click Next.
- From the Update Policy drop-down, choose ADD, UPDATE, UPSERT, or REPLACE for each dataframe.
- Click Publish and Save.
RStudio and Shiny are trademarks of RStudio, Inc.