An address is a delivery location, such as the path to a folder on a network, a printer path, or an email addresses. Addresses are part of the MicroStrategy Distribution Services product. For information on Distribution Services, see Administering report delivery with MicroStrategy Distribution Services in the MicroStrategy Developer help (formerly the MicroStrategy Desktop help).
The Addresses tab displays a list of delivery locations associated with the user. These are locations where this user can receive subscribed reports and documents. You can add new delivery locations or delete existing delivery locations for the user.
- Access the Intelligence Server Administrator page. (How?)
- Hover over the Properties column and click Open Intelligence Server Administration Portal .
- Click User Manager.
- Select the group that contains the user to modify.
- In the Actions column, select the Edit icon for the user to modify. The User Editor opens.
- On the Addresses tab, in the section for the type of address to be created, type a name in the Address Name field.
- Type the address in the PhysicalAddress field.
- From the Device drop-down list, select the device. For details and examples of devices, see Creating devices in the MicroStrategy Developer help (formerly the MicroStrategy Desktop help).
- Click Save. The address is created and added to the user.
The new address can be created in the Email Addresses, File Locations, and Printer Location areas.
You can create and add multiple email, file location, and printer location addresses for a user. The purpose of the additional addresses is to let you quickly change a delivery location if required, for example if a network server or printer is down for maintenance.
- To add multiple addresses, click Add a New Address for email delivery, Add a new File Location for file delivery, and Add a New Printer for printer delivery.
- To delete any existing address, click Delete.
- To set a selected address as the default address for the user, select the Set New Default option.