A contact is what MicroStrategy users select to subscribe themselves or other users to reports or documents. They do so by selecting a contact name, rather than having to specify email addresses, file storage locations, or printer locations at the time of report subscription. Depending on needs, a user may require multiple delivery locations of different types, such as email addresses, file storage locations, and printer locations. To make it easier to manage all email addresses, and file and print delivery locations for your users, you can create contacts.
For details and examples of contacts and how they work with other Distribution Services features, see Creating a contact in the MicroStrategy Developer help (formerly the MicroStrategy Desktop help).
The Contacts subcategory displays a list of contacts and contact groups that are linked to the selected user. It lets you add existing contacts and contact groups, remove contacts or contact groups, and create new contacts for a user.
- Access the Intelligence Server Administrator page. (How?)
- Hover over the Properties column and click Open Intelligence Server Administration Portal .
- Click User Manager .
- Select the group that contains the user to modify.
- In the Actions column, select the Edit icon for the user to modify.
- In the Contacts tab:
- To add contacts to a user, select the existing contacts or contact groups and click > .
- To remove contacts from a user the contacts or contact groups and click < .
To locate a specific contact or contact group, type the name of the contact or contact group in the Find field.
To select multiple contacts or contact groups, you can press and hold CTRL.