The following prerequisites must be met to use MicroStrategy for Office.
To use MicroStrategy for Office, you must have the Use Application Office privilege.
To import visualizations or execute prompted objects, you must have at least one of the following privileges:
- Web Create Dossier
- Web Run Dossier
- Mobile Run Dossier
- Web Edit Dossier
To see the attribute forms, you must have the Web Choose Attribute Form Display privilege.
- A MicroStrategy 2019 Update 1 or later environment with Cross-Origin Resource Sharing (CORS) enabled. MicroStrategy for Office uses MicroStrategy Library. For steps, see How to Enable CORS Settings.
- MicroStrategy Workstation 2019 Update 1 or later to generate the manifest file. See Generate the Manifest File.
- MicroStrategy Library Server using the HTTPS protocol. You must have the appropriate certificate to use MicroStrategy Library with HTTPS protocol.
- MicroStrategy 2019 or later Intelligence Server. You must have the same version of the Intelligence Server and MicroStrategy Library.
- The minimum Microsoft Excel API version is 1.4. Microsoft Excel API version 1.7 or later is required to support all MicroStrategy for Office functionality.
- MicroStrategyLibrary/static must be available to use custom authentication methods.
Supported Authentication Methods
To use custom authentication, MicroStrategyLibrary/static must be unprotected.
- SAML Okta
- SAML ADFS
- OpenID Connect (OIDC)
- Microsoft Excel 2016 (Retail only) or later
Microsoft Excel Online
This version doesn't support PowerPoint, Outlook, and Word yet.
Supported Operating Systems
Windows 10 and 11
macOS Mojave or High Sierra
This version doesn't support iPhones and iPads yet.
Supported Web Browsers
The latest versions of these PC browsers are supported: