MicroStrategy Library is an interactive application of the MicroStrategy Business Intelligence platform that lets business users harness the analytical power of MicroStrategy in a simple, clean, and modern user interface.
MicroStrategy Library provides MicroStrategy reporting and analysis capabilities across all of your client interfaces, including Web, iOS, and Android devices. MicroStrategy utilizes the intuitive workflows of these interfaces to let users explore information that is valuable to them. MicroStrategy Library also provides application developers a new way to develop and deploy applications that is faster, easier, and more maintainable than using traditional Integrated Development Environments.
MicroStrategy Library offers the following benefits:
- Reduces the time to deploy new applications: MicroStrategy Library includes the infrastructure needed to support each new dossier that is shared with your users so that application developers only need to focus on creating robust analytic applications once, that can be consumed across any client interface
- Easy for non-developers to create professional applications: MicroStrategy dossiers do not require any coding. Using MicroStrategy's authoring interface, applications are assembled in a point-and-click fashion that can be designed once to consume everywhere. Application designers can choose from an array of displays and controls and author content to be optimized for the change in screen size across different interfaces.
- Easy for companies to rapidly deploy application updates: MicroStrategy Library uses an on-demand form of application deployment, allowing a dossier author to make changes to specific dossiers and have those changes reflected in each user's Library without any additional action by the content consumer.
- One design for all devices: Library's ability to render the same application across different device operating systems and interfaces means less development time, less application management, and quicker support for a heterogeneous deployment of devices.
For all certified systems, see Platform Certifications.
- Node.js 12.x (Installed with MicroStrategy)
PostgreSQL 11.x (Installed with MicroStrategy)
Compatibility and Interoperability
MicroStrategy Library for Web
MicroStrategy Library 2021 server should be connected only to a MicroStrategy Intelligence Server 2021 for production purposes.
The MicroStrategy Library application works on all major browsers including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, and Microsoft Edge. We recommend that you stay up to date on browser updates and upgrades to leverage capabilities and features added in each version.
MicroStrategy Library for Mobile
We recommend that MicroStrategy Library 2021 Mobile App (iOS and Android) should be connected only to a MicroStrategy Library Server 2021 and MicroStrategy Intelligence Server 2021 for production purposes.
Mobile Clients Mobile Server and Intelligence Server 2019 2020 2021 2019 Full 2019 feature support Not applicable Not applicable 2020 Interoperability Full 2020 Feature Support Not applicable 2021 Interoperability Interoperability Full 2021 Feature Support
The MicroStrategy Library can be accessed via the MicroStrategy Library App available on the Apple Store (for iOS) and Google Play Store (for Android). The list of supported hardware and Mobile OS versions remains the same as the MicroStrategy Mobile Platform App.
To configure the MicroStrategy Mobile Library app, visit the MicroStrategy Library Admin page and utilize the Mobile configuration link at the bottom of the page. No additional configuration is required for SSO to work from the Mobile Library app.
To locate the Library Admin page, visit https://<Web Server Name>:<port>/MicroStrategyLibrary/admin/webserver
Installing MicroStrategy Library for Windows
- For steps to install MicroStrategy Library components on a machine that will host your applications, see the Installing and Configuring MicroStrategy Library chapter in the Installation and Configuration Help.
On Windows operating systems, the default folder is:
C:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files\MicroStrategy\Tomcat\..\webapps\MicroStrategyLibrarywhen installed on a 64-bit Windows environment.
JSP interface: The following table lists folders and files of interest that are included in the default directory structure after deploying your MicroStrategy Library WAR file:
|\api-docs||REST API documents|
|\DossierReact||Front end bundles|
|\images||All image files|
|\include||Supporting application files|
|\jsp||Interface JSP code files|
|\plugins||Plug-in files for customizations|
|\style||Interface style files|
|\VisFramework||Supporting files for visualizations|
|\WEB-INF||Configuration information for MicroStrategy Web|
Help and Support
The MicroStrategy Library Help provides information on how to use MicroStrategy Library to view, analyze, and consume MicroStrategy dossiers and documents.