Create a Derived Metric by Combining Two Metrics with an Operator
You can create a new metric by combining two metrics with an arithmetic operator. These metrics can be an existing metrics or values you enter. Arithmetic operators allow you to add, subtract, multiply, divide, or average metrics.
You estimate that future revenue is 10% higher than your current revenue. To include this estimate, multiply the Revenue metric by 1.1. In addition, you can create a metric that calculates the difference between the metrics as a percentage.
- Open the dossier you want to modify.
- Create a derived metric and reserve it for future use in a visualization. In the Datasets panel, right-click the metric to use to create a derived metric and choose Calculation.
- The selected metric appears, by default, as the first metric in the calculation. If necessary, you can select a different metric or enter a value.
- Select the arithmetic operator to combine the metrics.
- In the second drop-down, select the second metric to use in the calculation or enter a value.
- Click OK.