Link from a Prompted Dossier to a Different Dossier
You can use prompted reports to allow users to provide input to filter and retrieve data on a dossier. Using a prompted dossier, you can link to a different dossier to pass prompt answers selected on the source dossier to the target dossier.
You can dynamically answer these prompts by clicking on a data point in the source dossier to trigger the target dossier to appear filtered by the selected data point. Thus, never requiring the source dossier to be prompted or re-prompted.
- Open your prompted dossier.
- Hover over the visualization to use as the source and in the top right, click More > Create Contextual Link.
In the Contextual Link dialog, click the folder icon .
There are limitations when using contextual links. For more information, see KB484398: Limitations for using contextual linking in dossiers.
- Choose a dossier to link to and click OK.
- From the Page drop-down, choose a page of the dossier to target. The visualizations in the target page will be filtered by the source visualization.
- In the Tooltip field, enter a description for your tooltip. The tooltip appears when you hover over the source visualization and links to the target page.
- To pass the filter panel conditions to the target page, select the Pass the filter conditions to the target page checkbox.
The attributes and metrics used in the Filter Panel for both the source dossier and the target dossier must be the same. For more information, see KB483883: Limitations of using a visualization to filter data in a different dossier.
- Choose a prompt. By default, the first prompt from your prompted dossier is selected. Select Any other prompts to configure a default "Answer prompt" option for any additional prompts added to the target dossier in the future.
- From the Answer prompt drop-down, select how your selected prompt is answered. Choose one of the following:
- Prompt user
- Use the selected data point(s) as prompt answer(s)
- Use the same answer from the source prompt
- Use the default answer
- Ignore the prompt
- Click Save.
- In the source dossier, hover over a data point in the visualization and click the tooltip.
Selecting a data point acts as a prompt answer. When the target dossier appears, the data is filtered by the data point you selected in the source visualization.
- To remove the visualization filter from the source dossier, hover over the visualization in the target dossier and in the top left corner, click Clear Filter .