Version 2021

Changing the Grid Graph mode settings

In certain cases, you may want to change the default display of the Grid Graph view for a given report. The Grid Graph Mode setting allows you to change the look and feel of the report's Grid Graph view by customizing the location and the percentage of area covered by the grid report on the screen.

The Grid Position setting determines where the grid is placed in relation to the graph. For example, if you set Grid Position to Top, the grid is displayed on top of the graph. If you set Grid Position to Left, the grid displays to the left of the graph.

The Grid Percentage setting specifies how much space the grid occupies in the display area. For example, if this option is set to 75, the grid occupies 75% of the report display area while the graph is resized to fit in the remaining 25%.

  • If Grid Position is set to Top or Bottom, Grid Percentage represents the height percentage.

  • If Grid Position is set to Left or Right, Grid Percentage is the width percentage.

The Minimum Grid Percentage setting is the minimum space that the grid can occupy.

Grid Percentage and Minimum Grid Percentage interact to determine the size of the grid. For example, if Grid Percentage is set to 25, you cannot set the Minimum Grid Percentage higher than 25.

To change the Grid Graph mode settings

  1. Open the Report Editor. (How?)

  2. From the Data menu, choose Report Data Options. The Report Data Options dialog box opens.

  3. Under Categories, expand Display, and then select Grid Graph Mode. Display - Grid Graph Mode appears on the right side of the editor.

  4. Select a position for the grid report from the Grid Position drop-down list. The following options are available:

    • Left

    • Right

    • Top

    • Bottom

  5. Provide a value for Grid Percentage to specify the percentage of screen area to be covered by the grid report. The graph report is displayed in the remaining area.

  6. Provide a value for Minimum Grid Percentage to specify the minimum percentage of screen area to be covered by the grid report.

    The value for the Grid Percentage should be equal to or greater than the value for the Minimum Grid Percentage.

  7. Click OK.

Related Topics