What's new in the Library Mobile SDK for Android
In each release, changes are made to make the MicroStrategy SDK more powerful and easier to use.
2020 Update 2
- Trusted server support
- Automatically save photos, taken using the Photo Uploader widget, to the mobile device's photo gallery.
- Customize startup activity.
- Customize the app lifecycle.
- Customize the Login screen.
- Customize the login process.
- Pass custom HTTP headers.
- Log out users when status changes occur in another app.
- Enable the system browser for SAML login.
- Disable user access to preferences and advanced settings.
The Library Mobile SDK for Android is certified to work with Android 10 (API level 29)
The Library Mobile SDK for Android is certified to work with Android 9 Pie (API level 28).
- The Library Mobile SDK for Android is certified to work with Android 9 Pie (API level 28).
- When you customize MicroStrategy Library Mobile for Android, you must have Android SDK 28 to develop and compile your application.
The Library Mobile SDK for Android was introduced in 11.0. This new SDK was added to the MicroStrategy Developer Library (MSDL) to help users customize the look and feel of MicroStrategy Library Mobile for Android.
- You can do the following customizations for Library Mobile on Android devices:
If you are currently using GCM to get Android push notification, the recommendation is to modify the FCM setting in Android developer and upgrade the client version as soon as possible.
This ensures seamless use of push notifications without interruption and allows you to take advantage of the new features in FCM right now. In 2016, Google launched Firebase Cloud Messaging (FCM), the successor to Google Cloud Messaging (GCM). The GCM server and client APIs are deprecated and will be removed as soon as April 11, 2019.