How to Connect to SAP SuccessFactors
Starting in December 2020, this connector will no longer be supported by MicroStrategy. With this change, you will no longer be able to connect to or refresh the data from this data source in your documents, dossiers, and cubes. If you have any questions or need additional information, contact MicroStrategy Technical Support.
SAP SuccessFactors is a complete, cloud-based human resource management (HR) system. Use the MicroStrategy SAP SuccessFactors connector to import data from SAP SuccessFactors directly into the MicroStrategy platform.
- Select and import multiple objects
- Apply filters to data on creation and modification dates
- Manual cube republish (with re-authentication, if necessary)
- Support for MicroStrategy Web, Workstation, and Desktop 2019 or later
MicroStrategy Web, Workstation, or Desktop 2019 or later
SAP SuccessFactors username, password, hostname, and valid company ID
Obtaining a Valid SAP SuccessFactors Hostname
Your hostname is attached to your API endpoint URL. For example, if your production instance is hosted in Ashburn, Virginia (USA), the API endpoint URL specific to that data center is https://api8.successfactors.com/odata/v2/. So, you need to allow access to hostname https://api8.successfactors.com with the port 443. Thus, your hostname is https://api8.successfactors.com.
Obtaining a Valid SAP SuccessFactors Company ID
- Log into the SAP SuccessFactors Learning administration environment.
- Go to System Admin > Configuration > OAuth Token Server.
- Record the Company ID.
Accessing the Connector in MicroStrategy
- Choose Add Data > New Data.
- Find the SAP SuccessFactors connector from the data source list.
- Click the connector.
Using the SAP SuccessFactors Connector to Import Data
- Enter your Username, Hostname, Company ID, and Password.
You only need to provide this information when launching the connector for the first time.
- Click Connect.
- Upon successful connection, you are redirected to a data import page containing all supported objects in your SAP SuccessFactors bucket.
- Identify the tables to import. Double-click or drag and drop them in Selected Tables.
Drag and drop is available on all platforms except Windows Workstation and Windows Desktop.
- Click Filter Options to import data using a date range.
- Define your filters and click OK.
- Click Submit.
Depending on the datasets selected, this process may take some time.
- On the Preview dialog, wrangle your data and click Finish.